This role is highly cross-functional and requires someone who has curiosity about a wide range of technical and business subjects, and a willingness to get stuck in where necessary. Learning new skills and systems should come easily to you.
Data is the lifeblood of an organization and so having a deep understanding of how data flows through systems is essential.
You will need to be able trace issues and errors through the systems and assist the development team in finding the root cause. You should be an expert trouble-shooter.
- Analysis (root-cause) and fixing of system requests, issues and incidents
- Tracking and reporting on incidents, problems and fixes
- Data engineering and analysis supporting automated and ad-hoc reporting and dashboards
- Working with the lead architect to ensure reporting security, availability and infrastructure requirement are met
- Assisting other employees with technology-related queries and requests (e.g. data extracts, user management)
- Setting up and maintaining off-the-shelf and platform-as-a-service software used
- Business Process Management and Analysis, supporting the development of core systems
- Working with an Agile team
- Maintaining our genetic data repository code base
- Data Analysis (Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau, or similar)
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Management
- Agile SCRUM methodology
- Amazon Web Services, Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Data warehousing
- Data management
- Familiarity with ITIL or COBIT