This job offers you the chance to work from home, self-manage (no micromanagement) and opportunities to upskill.
You'll be provided with a laptop and all working costs covered at home.
*Please note that it is shift based.
What you'll be required to do:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software problems and help customers maximize their investment in the software.
- Resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using internal tools to provide immediate support to clients.
- You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers around best practices around the use of the software.
- For more complex problems you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals. Customers will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Act as the primary liaison between company and your customers.
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- Understand and have previously worked on a ticketing system
- Have methodical troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Understand NMS systems and have used an open source system like Nagios or Cacti.
- Have managed an open source NMS system
- Must understand NMS OIDs
- Proficient in Unix
- Set-up/Install Unix server Environment
- Perform Server Maintenance
- Understand server architecture (RAID Configuration, Virtualisation)
- Able to install/configure a Cisco or Juniper router (not DSL)
- Worked on a Provider Edge (PE) router in an ISP/multi-tenanted environment
- Working Knowledge of MPLS
- Any Cisco or Juniper Certifications