(This post will suit a midcareer professional who aspires to get to a CTO/CIO position in the future).
The Head IT is responsible for:
- Cloud infrastructure optimization
- Business applications management
- Asset life cycle management
- Business process automation
- Infrastructure provisioning and client application deployment (together with Development).
- Provides services and cost effective solutions to the global organization and therefore requires knowledge of global standards e.g. GDPR and complex regions e.g. China. Leads a small team based in Cape Town and reports to the Products Director.
My client is a global organisation headquartered in Cape Town, with operations in all major regions – so you can be a truly global citizen working closely with global corporates in the USA, Europe and China, while at the same time being able to enjoy the best of what the Western Cape has to offer.
They help clients in 75 countries around the world transform their operations and supply chain to be world class.
You will work on complex products to help unlock greatness in our clients and to build competitive capability through our digital applications.
They are proud that although they're small, they compete with major global consulting companies and have a long track record (more than 35 years!) of exceptional service and impact, which has earned them international acclaim and awards.
What’s in it for you?
Not only do you get to help make great companies even better, they offer competitive compensation plus the ability to grow your career through their extensive investment formal training and development.
Because they are a small company you will be given loads of opportunity to build a wide skill set and you will be encouraged to innovate and consistently improve.
They also offer flexible hours and the opportunity to work remotely as well as from their offices in Century City.
They are proud to be part of the South Africa’s nation building and we committed to equity, fairness and a sustainable environment.
Technical Skills required:
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint (create and maintain sites, libraries, views, groups, and permissions), Teams and One Drive
- Working knowledge of at least one of NetSuite, Open Aire, Salesforce, Bamboo
- Applications change management
- Global security compliance
- Asset lifecycle management experience
- Cloud cost management experience
- Automated infrastructure provisioning – AWS and Azure - (dev., staging and production)
- Applications deployment
- Coding capability
Reach out to Sam@shayward.co.za to discuss further.