We're looking for someone to join the team and lead by:
- Responding to alerts triggered within the specialized systems and performing investigations to find potential malicious behavior. This may include malware analysis.
- Providing clients with clear concise advise and recommendations when dealing with cyber security incidents particularly in terms of containment and remediation.
- Performing pre-defined threat hunts to identify malicious behaviour that may not be detected by pre-defined detectors/rules. Build new threat hunt playbooks.
- Work with detection engineers to build new detectors/rules which can be implemented across the client environment or specific environments.
- Manage investigations and liaise with clients to ensure any response is actioned appropriately and effectively.
- Mentor and be an escalation point for junior response team members, assisting them to complete investigations to standard.
We need you to:
- Have a passion for cyber security and have some experience in investigating malware, cyber attacks or deep dive cyber security investigations.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and experience, both on network and application levels.
- Be attentive to detail.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly via email.
- Willingness to work in a team environment to improve efficiencies and solve problems as a team.
- Have a broad understanding of IT systems. Any specialisations will be beneficial but a broad (even if shallow) understanding of IT is imperative.
You'll be working for the best and most ethical Cyber Security Company in South Africa.